On Saturday 11 July, we should have been celebrating the end of our 51st season by performing a joint concert in Swindon with Aldbourne Band.
Instead, we have pulled together a selection of pieces, recorded by ourselves and others. These include some choir favourites, along with new items that you can look forward to hearing next season.
Following this you can hear a taste of what Aldbourne Band had in store for you with a set of six of their favourite pieces. We finish with the joint finale that we had hoped to perform alongside Aldbourne Band.
You can view this virtual concert below, or on YouTube.
The programme is as follows:
Reading Phoenix Choir
- Loquebantur Variis, Thomas Tallis
- Requiem Aeternam, Herbert Howells
- Behold O God our Defender, John Scott
- Hymn to the Creator of Light, John Rutter
- Lux Aurumque, Eric Whitacre
- Flame, Ben Parry
- Three Shakespeare Songs: No. 2, The Cloud-Capp’d Towers, Vaughan Williams
- Danny Boy, trad arr. Rathbone
- The Battle of Jericho, trad arr. Hogan
- Chili Con Carne, Anders Endenroth
- Pavane (Ravel)
- Montagues and Capulets (Prokofiev)
- Lark in the Clear Air
- West Country Fantasy
- The Lost Chord
- The Dirty Duck
- Gloria: I. Allegro vivace, John Rutter
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up to date with all our virtual performances and recordings.