Come and join us for our Annual Carol Concert…
As with previous years, we will be singing at the wonderful Reading Minster, right in the heart of town.
Our concert this year is in aid of Reading Minster Sanctuary. Every weekend, from 10pm until 3am on Friday and Saturday nights, Reading Minster provides a place of refuge, recovery and refreshment to those in need. So why not come along and share a little festive cheer, while raising money for a great local cause?
The concert will include a selection of carols and readings to get you in the Christmas spirit. The carols will include some of the most popular tunes for the audience to join in with, as well as some old and new favourites.
If you’ve never heard the choir before, then be prepared to be blown away by our quality and love of music-making.
The Henley Standard has previously said that our ‘singing is beautiful and faultless’, while judges from the Choir of the Year described it as a ‘great, warm sound, very precise and well focused’ and ‘full of vitality – I love the richness and verve of the performance’.
Where: Reading Minster, St Mary’s Gate, Reading RG1 2XH
When: Saturday 16th December, 5pm
Tickets: £5 (under 16s free) are available via our tickets page or from the charity Christmas card stall in Reading Minster
- Once in Royal David’s City (with audience)
- O Magnum Mysterium | Morales
- A Child is Born in Bethlehem | Scheidt
- A Babe is born | Mathais
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen! (with audience)
- What Cheer | Walton
- Joy’s seven | Cleobury
- Bogoroditse Dievo | Rachmaninov
- Sure on this Shining Night | Lauridsen
- O Little Town of Bethlehem (with audience)
- Jesus Child | Rutter
- Lux Aurumque | Whitacre
- O Come all ye Faithful (with audience)
- Mary’s Boy Child | Hairston, arr. Gritton
- Winter Wonderland | Smith & Bernard, arr. Gritton