Come and join us for our Annual Concert…
We are delighted to be back at Reading Concert Hall for our 2018 Annual Concert.
As well as our usual wide variety of repertoire, the highlight of the concert will be the fantastic Gloria by John Rutter, when choir will be accompanied by the Phoenix Brass Ensemble.
If you’ve never heard the choir before, then be prepared to be blown away by our quality and love of music-making. We sing predominantly unaccompanied and perform everything entirely from memory, allowing a real connection with the audience.
The Henley Standard has previously said that our ‘singing is beautiful and faultless’, while judges from the Choir of the Year described it as a ‘great, warm sound, very precise and well focused’ and ‘full of vitality – I love the richness and verve of the performance’.
Where: The Concert Hall, Blagrave St, Reading RG1 1QH
When: Saturday 3rd March 2018, 7:30pm
Tickets: £20 | £17 | £7.50 (under 16s) available from Reading Arts Box Office (0118 960 6060).
- Loquebantur Variis | Thomas Tallis
- O Magnum Mysterium | Cristobal de Morales
- Laudate Omnes Gentes | Tomas Luis de Victoria
- Vsénoshchnoye Bdéniye Op 37 (All-night Vigil) | Sergei Rachmaninov
- Priditye Poklonimsya (2:00)
- Bogoroditse Dievo (2:30)
- Requiem | Herbert Howells
- Psalm 121 (2:30)
- Requiem Aeterna (2) (3:00)
- I Heard a Voice from Heaven (4:00)
- Rutter | Gloria
- Pilgrims Hymn | Stephen Paulus
- Tota Pulchra es | Ola Gjeilo
- Lux Aurumque | Eric Whitacre
- My Spirit Sang all Day | Gerald Finzi
- Light of My Soul | Robert Pearsall
- Ca the Yowes | Ralph Vaughan Williams
- You are the New Day | John David, arr. Peter Knight
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love | Freddie Mercury, arr. Christopher Hann
- Life on Mars | At my Desk Music